HOUSE DECORATING CONTEST
PUMPKIN CARVING/DECORATING CONTEST
(Read below for more details).
Competition Zone A
North side of W. Church Street
Competition Zone B
West Lake Ave
The balance of Pine Ave
Balance of West Railroad
Competition Zone C
New Jersey Ave.
East Lake Ave to Ohio Ave.
East Church to Ohio
West Church Ave to BHP
The 25th Annual Mainstage Center for the Arts Blackwood Pumpkin Festival is coming your way on October 2nd, and as a prelude to the event we invite you to enter the House Decorating Contest. It is so easy just fill out the form, and bring it to: ACADEMY HALL 4:30 and 8:00, Mon – Thurs, call in your entry to 1- 855-936-2467 ext. 6 PUMPKIN FESTIVAL or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be received no later than Wed. September 28th. Judging takes place on Saturday, Oct. 1st beginning at 10:00 am. Then join us on Sunday, October 2nd at 3:15 pm behind the library to cheer each other on as prizes are announced.
A variety of Prizes will be awarded including: trophies and cash.
1. A contestant may enter only 1 act. Amateur Acts ONLY. Professional entertainers are not eligible for competition
2. Entry forms can be found on line at link below. An entry fee of $20.00 per act MUST accompany each form. NO entries will be accepted with out the $20.00 entry fee. This fee is non-refundable; therefore contestants should be prepared to compete on the rain date as well. Checks should be written to: Mainstage Center for the Arts.
3. All entries forms must be COMPLETELY filled out on line at the above web address or printed out and mailed to: Mainstage Center for the Arts, 27 South Black Horse Pike, Blackwood, NJ 08012 and received by MCA no later than Wednesday, September 28th. You can also register in person at The Studio at Mainstage Center for the Arts, 27 N. Blackhorse Pike, Blackwood, NJ 08012 Monday – Thursday, 4:30 – 8:30 pm. E-mails with your assigned time will be sent on Friday, September 30th.
4. There will be 2 age categories. Category A: Ages 4 – 10, Category B: Ages 11 – 18
5. If your act involves more than one person, the age of the OLDEST member will determine the age category in which your act appears. Group acts are limited to five (5) members only. NO BANDS.
6. We will be unable to provide any instruments or hookups. Pre-recorded high quality CDs, IPODS, FLASH DRIVES, MP3 PLAYERS, TABLETS, SMART PHONE or acoustic instruments recommended. Recorded music must be BACKROUND MUSIC ONLY. IT CANNOT HAVE ANY LEAD VOCALS ON THE TRACKS. Microphones will be provided. Performance space is limited.
7. Signatures of ALL persons in the act must appear on the application form. Parent signatures are required for all youth under the age of 18 at the time of the contest.
8. Photo release element of the application must be checked and signed by applicant and parent.
9. There is a 3minute time limit with a maximum 2 minute set up time. Please refrain from gift giving (flowers etc.) until the contestant has left the stage.
10. Contestants must remember this is a FAMILY ORIENTED EVENT. An act will be pulled from the stage if organizers believe the act to be in any way inappropriate for this event and disqualified from consideration for any prizes.
11. There will be a panel of judges and their decision is final. ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION will be released. (Score sheets will not be shared with contestants)
12. Judging is based but not limited to: Appearance, Stage Presence, Ability and Overall Audience Appeal.
13. There will be a limited number of contestant time slots. All acts will be notified of their competition time slot. Some alternates may also be notified in the event an act(s) fails to show up.
If an act is not ready to go on stage when called upon, that act may be removed from the competition.
PLEASE USE LINK BELOW TO REGISTER ON LINE OR COMPLETE FORM, PRINT AND MAIL IN WITH CHECK TO: Mainstage Center for the Arts, 27 S. Black Horse Pike, Blackwood, NJ 08012
CONTEST sponsored by: Castor Auto & Truck Repair
RULES AND LOCATION
Bring: A Field Grown Pumpkin ALREADY Carved or Decorated by contestant •
Times: deliver between the hours of 12:00pm-2:00pm •
Location: Deliver to Harwan Park (next to Rite Aid on Black Horse Pike) •
Public Showing & Winners Announced: 3:30pm at the Library Parking Lot Stage
(only REAL Field grown CARVED or DECORATED pumpkins will be judged)
Times: 11:30 am or 1:15 pm (Select One) •
Age Range: Up to age 12 • Register: 15 minutes before parade time at the Mainstage Information Booth, located at the corner of Railroad and West Lake, next to Obstacle Course and Games.