About Mainstage - Employment
Mainstage Center for the Arts is always looking for new and exciting prospects to join our team of highly talented instructors and administrators. If you’d like us to keep you in mind, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and watch this space for new opportunities at Mainstage.
Marketing and Business Development Manager
- To help take our marketing communications to the next level.
- We are looking for a passionate, energetic, and talented Marketing Director to help get our message out to key audiences.
- Your project(s) may include external communications, market research, social media, and/or print and digital collateral such as a newsletter and case studies.
- Build market and fund raising positions by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Must be responsible to help create an integrated marketing plan. Help us to engage our online community better. Your role will involve developing updates related to our cause and optimizing this content to grow our community most effectively, across networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Expand audience outreach by marketing to our target audience: groups, schools, seniors.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in audiences, participants, sponsors and donors.
- Business Development Manager Job Duties:
- Solicit financial and in-kind support through sponsorships for Mainstage shows, programs (Summer Stage, Studios, etc), and events (Pumpkin Festival, expos at Academy Hall).
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Continue and deepen Mainstage’s grant opportunities by writing and re-applying to current sources: NJ State Arts Council, Horizon Foundation for NJ, Beneficial Bank Foundation, and the like.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Partner with current team for internal development.
- Business Development Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in marketing, communications, content development, design, or a related field strong writing skills; attention to detail; a passion for content creation; experience with social media marketing with the social media options mentioned above. Some additional avenues listed here will be considered such as an interest in blogging or proficiency in relevant tools, like Radian 6 and HootSuite, a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory management, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, Social Media Knowledge, Webpage Development, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.
Volunteer Social Media Manager
Mainstage Center for the Arts – Greater Philadelphia Area
Are you the one who could take our social media presence to the next level? We’re looking for a passionate, energetic, and talented marketing volunteer to help us engage our online community better. Your role will involve developing updates related to our cause and optimizing this content to grow our community most effectively, across networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Plus, you will get to join a fun, passionate team, working for an important cause–and build your own skills and network in the process. Remote volunteers are happily accepted. Made possible with LinkedIn for Good Volunteering.
Desired Skills & Experience
Our ideal volunteer would have: strong writing skills; attention to detail; a passion for content creation; a positive attitude and strong work ethic; experience with of social media marketing on the Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Bonus points if you have an interest in blogging or proficiency in relevant tools, like Radian 6 and HootSuite.
Mainstage Center for the Arts provides a creative, vibrant, and nurturing environment for youth and adults. Using the performing arts as a catalyst for individual expression and growth, Mainstage enriches the quality of life for its South Jersey community.
Mainstage Center for the Arts envisions a future…
* where creative expression is perceived as a valuable component of youth and adult education;
* where the performing arts are embraced as a source of pride for the community;
* where opportunities are provided for those who enjoy the arts experience as either audience or participant, as well as for those who choose to pursue arts careers;
* and where Mainstage is a valued regional center for artistic programs and services.
Experience: Mid-Senior level