27 S. Black Horse Pike, Blackwood, NJ 08012
Please send Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Managing Director Position:
Salary: Full time: $50,000 – $60,000
The Managing Director will oversee business, daily operations, marketing, and development to ensure the overall organizational health of Mainstage Center for the Arts.
The Managing Director will work cooperatively with the Artistic Director to organize and supervise administrative, managerial, and day-to-day staff to work collaboratively to align artistic programs, business and financial operations, fundraising, and marketing with the mission of Mainstage as set forth by the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will exhibit exceptional communication skills, have a proven track record in organizational skills, past success in fundraising, and an ability to engage community support to elevate the brand of Mainstage Center for the Arts in New Jersey and the region.
The Managing Director position is full-time exempt employee.
As with many positions in the performing arts organization, additional nights and weekends are necessary during Summer Stage and at some other performances in the annual schedule.
Mainstage Center for the Arts recruits, employs, trains, and compensates all employees equitably regardless of race, religion, skin color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Applicants of all racial backgrounds, religions, gender identities, national origins, and physical abilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The successful candidate will be a business, marketing, development, and operations professional with the following skills:
- Experience with non-profit performing arts organizations
- A proven track record of success in previous managerial or administrative positions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with the grant writing and grant reporting processes
- Broad knowledge and experience with overseeing fundraising campaigns and events
- Experience with fundraising databases and their management
- A good listener and comfortable in receiving input from many sources
- A hard worker with high energy and a willingness to be hands-on when needed
- Emotionally mature with a good sense of humor and possess the flexibility to work with others from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational skills and ability to problem solve and think on one’s feet
- Willingness and ability to attend evening and weekend performances, meetings, and other events on a regular basis
- A bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit administration, or related field, and preferably 3-5 experience in administration in the nonprofit sector
The principal duties of a qualified Managing Director will include:
- Oversight of day-to-day operations of Mainstage’s business
- In conjunction with the Artistic Director oversees the artistic programming
- With Artistic Director oversees the implementation of the strategic plan
- Develop Mainstage’s organizational budget with department managers
- Oversee Mainstage’s Development Plan and assist in fundraising endeavors and events especially Mainstage’s Blackwood Pumpkin Festival and other fundraising events
- Oversee and assist in the development of Mainstage’s grant writing
- Oversee all contracts and their implementation
- Oversee ticketing and box office operations
- Oversee payroll and financial matters and work closely with Business Manager in such matters
- Oversight and review of purchases
- Administer and manage Mainstage’s Pumpkin Festival in the weeks leading up to the event and the day of the event
- With Artistic Director develops employee policies, employee relations, and personnel policies
- With the Artistic Directors and department, managers supervise employees
- Complete background checks on new employees and staff
- Serve as a liaison between the Board of Directors and staff
- With the Artistic Director, oversee the development of the marketing plan for the organization and it budget
- With the Board President and other officers organize and schedule Board Meetings
- Serve as a liaison to Camden County College administration, staff, and students
- Oversee implementation of Camden County College policies and regulations with Mainstage’s staff, employees, registrants, and audiences
- Serve as a liaison to the Township of Gloucester and the Mayor’s office
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Mainstage at our facilities and work with landlords to ensure Mainstage delivers its programs and services effectively
- Oversee the development of the organization’s ADA Policy (3-year plan) and its implementation
- Protect Mainstage’s organizational value by keeping important and sensitive information confidential