Professional actress/director Erica Harr, the Producing Artistic Director for Mainstage Center for the Arts will judge this contest. Erica holds her BA in Musical Theater from WV Wesleyan and her MFA in Acting from The New School for Drama. She serves as the director and choreographer for Moorestown High School’s theater program and continues to perform in the tri-state area. She was a former Miss New Jersey in 2004. She also performed in off-Broadway shows and around the world as an entertainer on Disney’s Cruise Line.
Click here to sign up.
Talent Contest Rules
Talent Contest Information
Sunday, October 1
Times will be assigned between: 11:00 – 3:00 pm.
A variety of Prizes will be awarded including: trophies and cash.
1. A contestant may enter only 1 act. Amateur Acts ONLY. Professional entertainers are not eligible for competition.(Professional is defined as those having been paid to entertain)
2. NO entries will be accepted with out the $12.00 entry fee. This fee is non-refundable; therefore contestants should be prepared to compete on the rain date as well. In addition there will be a $1.00 use of credit card fee.
3. All entries forms must be completed and received by MCA no later than Tuesday, September 26th at 11:59 pm. You can also register in person by the same deadline at The Studio at Mainstage Center for the Arts, 27 N. Blackhorse Pike, Blackwood, NJ 08012 Monday – Thursday, 5:00 – 7:00 pm. Text Messages with your assigned time will be sent out between Thursday and Friday before the event.
4. There will be 2 age categories. Category A: Ages 11 and under, Category B: Ages 12 – 18 on the day of the event.
5. If your act involves more than one person, the age of the OLDEST member will determine the age category in which your act appears. Group acts are limited to five (5) members only. NO BANDS.
6. We will be unable to provide any instruments or hookups. Pre-recorded high quality tracks or acoustic instruments recommended. Recorded music cannot have any lead vocals on the tracks. Microphones will be provided. Performance space is limited.
7. Signatures of ALL persons in the act must appear on the application form. Parent signatures are required for all youth under the age of 18 at the time of the contest.
8. Photo release element of the application must be checked and signed by applicant and parent.
9. There is a 3 minute time limit with a maximum 2 minute set up time. Please refrain from gift giving (flowers etc.) until the contestant has left the stage.
10. Contestants must remember this is a FAMILY ORIENTED EVENT. An act will be pulled from the stage if organizers believe the act to be in any way inappropriate for this event and disqualified from consideration for any prizes.
11. Contestants must remember that this is a FAMILY ORIENTED EVENT. An act will be pulled from the stage if organizers believe the act to be in any way inappropriate and will be disqualified from consideration for any prizes.
12. Judging is based but not limited to: Appearance, Stage Presence, Ability and Overall Audience Appeal. There will be a panel of judges and their decision is final. ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION will be released. Score sheets will not be shared with contestants.
13. There will be a limited number of contestant time slots. All acts will be notified of their competition time slot. Some alternates may also be notified in the event an act(s) fails to show up.
If an act is not ready to go on stage when called upon, that act may be eliminated from the competition.
Competition Zone A
North side of W. Church Street
Competition Zone B
West Lake Ave
The balance of Pine Ave
Balance of West Railroad
Competition Zone C
New Jersey Ave.
East Lake Ave to Ohio Ave.
East Church to Ohio
West Church Ave to BHP
Competition Zone D
Mainstage would like to invite you to enter the Annual House Decorating Contest sponsored by Berkshire Hathaway Fox & Roach
Contestants may enter the competition in one of three ways:
All entries must be received no later than September 29th at noon. Homes must be ready to be judged no later than 10:00 am Saturday, September 30th. Winners will be announced on Sunday, October 1st on the performance space directly next to the library.
Dress your pet up and enter them into one of the two pet parades at the Blackwood Pumpkin Festival Sunday, Oct. 1 (rain date: Sunday, Oct. 8). The parades are scheduled for 11:30 and 1:15 on the stage next to the rides in the purple zone. Please sign in at the Mainstage Information Booth near the stage 10 minutes before the contest begins. Winners will be announced immediately following each parade. Prizes vary
Children 12 or younger are welcome to participate in one of the two costume parades at the Blackwood Pumpkin Festival on Sunday, Oct. 1 (rain date: Sunday, Oct. 8). The parades are scheduled for 11:30 and 1:15 on the stage next to the rides in the purple zone. Please sign in at the Mainstage Information Booth near the stage 10 minutes before the contest. Winners will be announced immediately following each parade. Prizes vary.
Demonstrate your creative talents by carving or decorating a pumpkin and bring it to the Blackwood Pumpkin Festival for a chance to win a prize! There is no need to register in advance. All entries must be delivered to Harwan Park, located on the Black Horse Pike across from Mainstage Center for the Arts (27 South Black Horse Pike, Blackwood, NJ). Entries must be delivered between 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm on Sunday, Oct. 1 (rain date: Oct. 8). Winners will be announced at 3:00 pm at the stage in the studio and library parking lot. Entries will be judged in 3 age groups. Ages 6-11, 12 – 17, adults Prizes will vary.